J&See: Views on Marketing
How to Reach Women Through Marketing with Patti Minglin
While women make up half the population, they influence 80% of purchasing decisions across all categories. So why do marketers often treat women as a niche group? Meg talks to "accidental entrepreneur" Patti Minglin, the CEO and founder of Go Girl Communications, to find out why reaching women through marketing matters, the mistakes marketers often make and the importance of women in leadership positions.
Jacobs & Clevenger (J&C) is an independently owned, full-service marketing agency located in Chicago.
Patti Minglin is the CEO of Go Girl Communications and one of the co-hosts of the Naperville Moms Network talk show on NCTV 17.
- J&C Website: https://www.jacobsclevenger.com/
- Follow J&C on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jacobsclevenger
- Follow Patti Minglin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PattiMinglin
- Go Girl Communications: https://www.gogirlcommunications.com/
- Naperville Moms Network:
IN THIS EPISODE:
- Marketing to Women by Marti Barletta: https://www.amazon.com/Marketing-Women-Marti-Barletta/dp/0793159636
- Ellen DeGeneres, Bic Pens for Women: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCyw3prIWhc
- “Ad Lib,” Podcast by Ad Age with Shelly Lazarus of Ogilvy: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/shelly-lazarus-chairman-emeritus-ogilvy/id1288654389?i=1000436412911
- Broad Influence: How Women Are Changing the Way America Works by Jay Newton-Small: https://www.amazon.com/Broad-Influence-Women-Changing-America/dp/1618931555
- The Attention Merchants: The Epic Scramble to Get Inside Our Heads by Tim Wu: https://www.amazon.com/Attention-Merchants-Scramble-Inside-Heads/dp/0385352018
- Generation W: https://www.genwnow.com/
- Deloitte Leadership Programs: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/inclusion-leadership-development.html
- Proctor and Gamble, "Thank You Mom" Campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdQrwBVRzEg